Abs workout are not the most important thing for your six pack. The real truth about getting six pack is that abs are made in the kitchen.
The truth about abs workout
You can find many ads about the miracle transformations of fatty to six pack Adonis in just 2 weeks or maybe a month maximum. They are about some magical abs machines or short-term programs that are making miracles.
Are you buying this? You think this is true? If all of this would be true and so easy, it wouldn’t be so many obese people out there. People that have eaten unhealthy food for years, haven’t exercised and didn’t move for a long time, would just transform themselves in a month to someone like Brad Pit or Victoria Secret model.
Trust me, these marketing tricks are far from the truth. But somehow, we are tricked with this “magical” formulas and “magical” exercise machines and spending our hard-earned money for them. The only way to have visible six pack on your stomach is to have below 10-12% of body fat.
Yes, this is the real truth. You could have the hardest and strongest abs and doing 8 hours of day of the best abs workout, but you will not have six pack if you have 15% of body fat. The fat on your stomach is covering the abdominal muscles and they cannot be seen.
We all know that too much fat - over 25% for men and 32% for women can cause so many problems:
- Heart disease
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Certain types of cancer
- Sleep apnea
- Fatty liver disease
- Kidney disease
It is also important to mention one thing, body fat below 12% for women and 8% of men is not healthy. You can have the following problems:
- Heart problems
- Low energy level
- You always feel cold
- Your muscles can’t recover after exercise
- You are always hungry
- Low testosterone level
- The production of sperm drops significantly
- Increased risk of bacterial infections and flues
- Lower bone density
- Bad mood
- Problem witch concentration and memory
- Dry and splotchy skin
More about these problems you can read in this article.
To be able to lower your body fat check the following:
- Fastest Way to Lose Weight, Stay Fit and Enjoy the Process
- How To Lose Body Fat? Slow-Carb Diet and Fat Loss Workout
- Diet Plans - Find A Secret Diet For Weight Loss And Don’t Diet At All
The most effective abs workout by science
The most effective abs workout that will help you to build killer abs and to have six pack are:
- Bicycle Crunch exercise
- Captain's Chair Leg Raise
- Crunch on exercise ball
Bicycle Crunch exercise
The most effective overall abs workout is the bicycle crunch exercise. You can do it in four steps:
- Touch your head with the fingertips
- Put your feet up
- Curve your spine slightly
- Rotate the upper spine in continuous motion
Your abs should be tight during the whole exercise.
Captain's Chair Leg Raise
One of the most effective abs workout is the Captain's Chair Leg Raise.
You can do it in four steps
- Position yourself into Captain’s Chair with bent elbows to 90 degrees
- Push your legs up, slightly bent at the knees
- Lift your butt and hips in top motion
- Go with legs down slowly (fight the gravity)
The most common mistakes:
- Bringing knees up and down
- Doing the leg raises with swinging motion
Crunch on Exercise Ball
3rd most effective abs workout is the Crunch on Exercise Ball.
- Sit on an exercise ball and roll until your legs form 90 degree angle
- Put your hands under your head
- Arch your back to fully activate your abs
- Come up looking at the floor
- Keep your neck straight
- Keep your core tight
- Keep a neutral spine during motion
Find out about effective way to lose weight in Workout Routine and Workout Plans for Every Fitness Level.